Mission of I.M.S/C.M.E.
The IMS mission is to provide Continuing Medical Education (CME) which is consistent with established accreditation standards and serves to advance the knowledge and skills of physicians in order to improve the quality of patient care.
The members of the Iranian Medical Society represent the entire spectrum of medical and surgical practice. Our aim is to provide a forum from various medical and surgical specialties and share their advanced knowledge and experience to teach others for better treatment of patient's care.
• To update the existing medical knowledge and skill of surgery, etc.
• To learn a new development in the art of medicine and surgery.
• To share the knowledge of recent literature.
• To learn from faculty with different specialties, all to improve patient's care.
• To organize meetings and observe all recommendations by the IMQ/CMA in order to give CME credit to the physicians recognition award category 1.
• Observing the recently passed assembly Bill 1195 CME and Linguistic Competency as the IMQ/CMA expect the linguistic competency will be included on all our activity after July 2006.
• We have, from time to time a monthly meeting. Our mission is that our meeting fulfills the requirement for AMA; the physicians Recognition Award Category 1 Credit; we wish to improve patient-physician relationship particularly among Iranian ethnic patients.
• To understand the patient on his or her native language improves the prevention; improve the health care particularly on acute crisis, and on terminal stage.
• We observe in all our function the JACOH Core Measures.
• We try to implement the basic suggestion by CMA/AMA.
a. Quality assessment and clinical outcome measurements.
b. Risk management relative to preventive care.
c. The evolving role of physicians managed care (i.e. leadership, management/administration policy development).
d. Various organizational models; how they work; steps required to develop a model and physicians role in them.
• To gather Iranian American Physicians and facilitate each other with knowledge through each own individual specialties for the purpose of better treatment and patient's care.
• To enhance the Iranian culture. An ancient culture based on loving and kindness and learning encouragement from birth to death.
• To break a linguistic barrier for the elderly Iranian patients and introduce a Farsi speaking physician to help and support their needs.
• To organize a scientific meeting annually for CME for the purpose of:
a. To update their knowledge and skills for better patient's care.
b. To fulfill the CME requirement for the validation of medical license.
• To find different specialties among our fellow members for a better, fast and convenient service to the patients.
• To get CME accreditation for our society for the purpose of organizing a monthly meeting to update physician's skill and knowledge and treat patients with the latest medical surgical development.